Saturday, August 4, 2012

Puzzle From Hell

When my grandmother passed away two and a half years ago, she left a lot behind. All of her sewing materials went to me, and now they are stacked against one of my walls (taking up space and the good news is that I have a ton of thread for sewing and nearly an endless amount of needles haha). She also left a number of puzzles and other Japanese games and thing to pass the time. One of these puzzles is shaped like an octagon, and it is really just a pattern repeating itself and so I opened the box and looked at it for a while. It looked interesting, so I sat down and sarted to try and put it together. That was mistake number one. Mistake number two was thinking I might be able to put it together on my own. I started the puzzel around 5 this evening, and I finally recruited my brother to help me around 11 at night. Now at 2 in the morning I am taking my first break. The puzzle is nowhere near complete, and I am frustrated like never before. How could something so simple as a puzzle, be so freakin irritating? I don't understand it, I have to applaud my grandmother for being able to complete it, according to my mother, she would sit down and complete a puzzle every few hours when she had free time. According to my father it took my sisers aunt and uncle three months to complete. My brother and I are determinded to complete it in less than a week. Our original goal was three days, but I am not so sure how well three days will work out haha

Other than that, uhmm...not much else to say, I am going to the zoo with my boyfriend in 6 hours and I should probably get some sleep but I feel so ense and awake that I am not sure how likly sleep will be for me. I may end up doing an all nighter and then crashing when I get home tomorrow haha but I might end up crashing on my poor boyfriend in the middle of the zoo XD that would be bad..

Well this is Riku, slightly frustrated, but feeling otherwise great, and signing out ^-^ have a great life, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Psh, I've completed 1000 puzzles before night even surfaces the day. In one day. Probably because I can sort things just by looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a talent which I do not posess haha I will take a pictire of the puzzle when it is complete and post it here on the blog, just so you can see what I am trying to tackle. Also, some puzzles are easier than others, so please keep that in mind.

      Delete