Tuesday, October 2, 2012

College

Okay, hey guys and everyone out there! Yeah I know..been over a week, well let me tell you! I have no excuse XD


Anyway, so let me tell you about my college plans, replans, scratched plans, new plans and old plans. Okay? Cool.

When I was a little girl I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I was going to work at Victoria's Secret until I graduated from High School, then I was going to move to New York and start modeling for Victoria's Secret while I went to school for Fashion Design. The I would be a famous model/designer and make lots of money and be rich and happy and live happily ever after without ever getting old or getting wrinkles or acne or anything.
When I hit 5th grade I decided maybe I could part time model and still work on my fashion design, then I could creat my own company which would be called "StarProducts" complete with both modest and not so modest cclothes for women. College still in New York City.
After I got into Junior high, let's say closer to about 7th grade I wanted to be a designer still and create glorious party dresses for the Red Carpet and have outrageous styles and be the next big thing to hit fashion, more well known than Blue Jeans! I wanted to study in Paris and New York, and have three houses. One in LA, one in San Fran, and then one in New York.
That didn't last long, though since in 8th grade I completely shifted my thoughts towards more of a major in Fashion Design and a minor in Photography. Schooling in either New York at Parsons or in San Fran at FIDM. Still want to be a Fashion Designer, but also a freelance photographer.
Then I hit High School. every month I semmed to have a new idea for schooling. Pratt in New York City. Art Institute in LA. FIDM in San Fran. Those are the main four I bounced back and forth between, but FIDM was the one that sounded the best at the time.
Now that I have graduated High School, and I am jobless and need to figure something out educationally wise, I'm almost possitive that I have absolutly no idea what I am going to do. I had a college interview today at 10am with The Art Institute of California-Los Angeles, and I am filling out the application for it and writing out my little 150 word minimum essay for my hopes with the school and as I do it, I aam realising how much I want to get out of this sleepy little town, but also how much I don't want to leave. There is this weird feeling of dread that washes over me with every word I place into my essay, as if this one little word could completely alter my life. I feel as though I need to stop and rethink everything. I know I want to design clothes, I know that I want to be a Fashion designer, I know that I want to persue this dream that I have had since I was little. And yes, there is still a little part of me that wants to strut down the Victoria's Secret Runway with those giant Angel Wings on my back wearing lacey underwear and having a long thin toned body and C-cup boobs, but I would so much rather be behind the scenes rushing the models and fixing the clothes and making last minuet repairs and watching my designs go down the runway knowing that I created that outfit, that dress, that top, those pants. I made that.
So I am putting in an application to The Art Institute of California-Los Angeles. I am keeping my options open, and who knows, maybe I will get in and maybe the money will come through, with $40,000 for all of the costs not including gas and food, it isn't that likely I will be going. So perhaps Reedly College would be a better fit, who knows, I mean, I've heard that they have a decant Fashion program. I wouldn't exactly be in Fresno, but I would be close by, maybe I could arrange my classes to be in a two or three day block and stay with my grandparets for those nights and then stay with my boyfriend or my parents the rest of the time. At this point in my life, anything can happen and anything is possible.

Thank you, you guys for reading through my little rant/explination. Leave your questions, comments, concerns, thoughts, or anything you want in the comments box and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. That's all for now, so..Byee!!!! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment