Monday, June 29, 2015

MTG - Card Layout

Guys tonight I want to go over the card layout. Mostly because it is easy to understand and I am really tired. Let's begin.

Okay so this image comes to us from Wizards.com which is the official Magic website with all of the information on this game and even the origin and lore stories that go along side it. This was honestly the best picture that I could find and I love it not only because it is a red card (which is my color of choice) but also because it is a creature which is what I'll be covering next post.
At the top you see the name of the card. Each card, obviously, has a different name. On the other corner come the mana cost. This one is one red and two colorless which gives it a converted mana cost of three.
The only thing not covered in this picture would, oddly enough, be the picture itself. There can be promotional cards which are a reprint on one card, but with a different art, which are worth more than the original print. Also, cards can be foil which adds cash value to the card.
Personally, I enjoy the flavor text of a card and seeing how it ties into the art, name and abilities. I'm all about that flavor text, guys.

That's all for today, everyone, I need to get some sleep and go crash out on the bed. Such a shame I still have homework to do..
Stay beautiful, everyone!
^-^


No comments:

Post a Comment